You may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
• Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit if your taxable income is less than £16,190 and you do not receive Working Tax Credit
• The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
• Support from the National Asylum Support Service
If you receive Working Tax Credit you are not eligible to claim for free school meals unless:
• you have stopped work in the last four weeks; or
• you have reduced your hours to less than 16 hours a week in the last four weeks
Any pupils receiving Income Support or Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance in their own right are also eligible for free school meals.
You can pick up a Free School Meals Application Form from our reception or request one by calling 0207 281 3536 ext 7751
You can also download a copy:
Once the form has been fully completed and signed, it needs to be returned to:
City of London Academy Highgate Hill,
Please return as soon as possible so that it can be processed, this process may take up to two weeks.
Applying for free school meals is very important because the amount of money that Mount Carmel receives from central government depends on the number of children registered as entitled to free school meals. For every registered child, the school receives additional funding to spend on extra resources such as extracurricular activities and support for its pupils. This is called the ‘Pupil Premium’.
The government has also stated that it is keen for universities to actively recruit pupils that have previously received free school meals so it is important that those eligible for free school meals do register for them.
For further information please visit the Islington Council website or contact the Free School Meals Team on 020 7527 5483 or 020 7527 4336.
City of London Academy Highgate Hill
Holland Walk | Duncombe Road | Archway | London | N19 3EU
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 020 7281 3536
City of London